Sunday, February 24, 2008

tonight will be the night that I will fall for you

But hold your breathe
Because tonight will be the night that I will fall for you, over again
Don't make me change my mind
Or I wont live to see another day

French phrase of the day for Friday, Feb. 22:
Les films ne sont plus ce qu'ils etaient. "They don't make movies like they used to."
I saw Michael Clayton in the UC last night. I liked it. I slept through a bit of it. But Elaine explained the confusing parts to me afterwards. Achronological movie plots have gotten a little trendy . . . Too much, lately.

French phrase of the day for Saturday, Feb. 16:
Vivement qu'il fasse beau. "The warm weather will be a treat."
Pittsburgh, please be spring, soon.

1 comment:

alice said...

I actually like achronological plots. In books, at least. I don't watch enough movies to determine for myself its trendy status, I guess. It seems it would be more challenging to show that in movies. Like, Pay it Forward was slightly confusing in the very beginning. And Infernal Affairs. And while I appreciate how movies these days might strive to be more intricate in plot, my tastes in movies these days have also become... lazier. I absolutely loved 12 Angry Men when I first saw it some years ago. If I were to see it for the first time now, I probably would've fallen asleep. Movies, for me, are now simply for pure, brainless entertainment. What's happening to me, Sharon????